Very Important Waste Collection News in Mississauga
Get your yard waste ready, Mississauga!
Summer also means it’s that time of year again when the Region of Peel will collect yard waste from your home.
According to the Region, it will collect yard waste every other week in Brampton and Mississauga from July 3-September 8, 2018.
Residents are encouraged to use When Does It Go to check their waste management calendar or download their schedule to a personal electronic device.
You must put your yard waste must be at the curb by 7 a.m. on collection day in acceptable bins, containers and/or bags.
A bin/container used for yard waste collection must be:
- clearly labelled “Yard Waste”
- rigid and reusable with handles that are attached or molded to the exterior
- smaller than 60cm (24in.) wide/95cm (38in.) high a
- weigh less than 20kg (44lbs.) when full
A Kraft brown paper bag used for yard waste collection must:
- support a maximum weight of 20kg (44lbs.) when lifted, without tearing
- securely close when full
- be smaller than 66cm (26in.) wide/90cm (35in.) high
It’s true that you can also use your old garbage container or blue/grey box to set out yard waste for collection.
“All repurposed containers must be in good condition and clearly labelled “Yard Waste” to be collected,” reads a statement from the Region.
If you use a lawn maintenance company, be sure to let them know your yard waste schedule. That way, the company can co-ordinate the timing of their service delivery to ensure yard waste is only set out on the scheduled yard waste collection days
According to the Region, yard waste can also be dropped off at a Community Recycling Centre (CRCs). Yard waste drop off is always free of charge at the Bolton and Caledon locations. At all other CRC locations, a $5 flat rate applies for loads up to and including 50 kg. (110lb.). A fee of 10 cents per kg. applies for loads greater than 50 kg.
- Body found after lengthy search and rescue effort in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Police attempt water rescue in Mississauga's Credit River
- A look at one of Mississauga’s most coveted neighbourhoods
- Peel police report four drug-related deaths in 24 hours
- Mississauga student receives one of Canada's most coveted scholarships