Vehicle Seized After Police Stop Speeding Driver in Mississauga
A Mississauga man is without his licence after a speeding incident around 4:00 p.m. this afternoon.
Peel Police said in a recent tweet that a 37 year old male driver in a Ford Mustang was caught going 135 km/hr in the area of Hurontario and Highway 401 (a 60 km/hr zone).
Two young children were sitting in the backseat.
The driver claimed he was on his way to the movies, police say.
Officers have seized the vehicle and the driver’s licence was suspended.
Photo courtesy of Peel Regional Police
- Mississauga driver stopped three times for excessive speeding: Peel police
- Driver struck by vehicle after altercation with other driver: Peel police
- Driver Charged With Excessive Speeding With Child in Tow
- Driver charged after allegedly going over twice the speed limit in Mississauga
- 15-year-old Mississauga driver allegedly caught speeding
- 100% of recent Mississauga and Brampton COVID patients not fully vaccinated
- 1 in 3 Canadians considering 'workarounds' as Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton house prices keep rising
- Mississauga grandfather plans to share big lotto win with his children
- Police investigating "reports of possible gunshots" in Brampton
- Brampton police investigation leads to 5 people facing firearms, kidnapping charges