Vehicle found going almost double the speed limit during street race in Mississauga
Charges have been laid following a Saturday morning street race in Mississauga.
Police say they found two vehicles racing in a 70 km/hr zone, with one vehicle clocked at 131 km/hr — nearly double the posted speed limit.
As a result, a 25 year old driver was charged with stunt driving and had their vehicle impounded and towed from the scene.
There’s no word on charges against the other driver involved in this incident.
According to a recent report, Mississauga boasts the second-highest insurance premium compared to 10 other Ontario cities, with drivers paying about $2,372 a year (estimates are based on a 35-year-old Honda Civic driver with a clean record).
Photo courtesy of PRP Road Safety Services
- Mississauga resident charged with driving double the speed limit
- Driver charged after going nearly double the speed limit in Mississauga
- 19 year old charged after allegedly going triple the speed limit on the QEW
- Driver Arrested for Reportedly Driving Ludicrous Speed in Mississauga
- 21-year-old man charged with stunt driving in Mississauga
- Top 5 Chicken on the Rocks in Mississauga
- Some university students in Mississauga are dating older partners to pay off debt
- Vehicle leaves scene after striking pedestrian in Mississauga
- Three OPP officers charged following allegations of preferential treatment for GTA tow operators
- Long-awaited store finally opens in Streetsville