UPDATED: Special Weather Statement in Mississauga
Get those umbrellas out, because the forecast is calling for a wet and rainy weekend.
A heavy downpour is expected to begin tonight and continue into tomorrow, according to an updated weather statement from Environment Canada.
We could see total rainfall amounts of 30 to 40 mm along with strong winds of up to 60 km/h.
“A low pressure system will approach Southern Ontario today with rain developing over the area this afternoon,” Environment Canada reports. “Rain, heavy at times, will continue tonight into Sunday morning.”
The rain will taper to scattered showers midday Sunday or Sunday evening.
Residents should take caution especially while commuting, as heavy downpours can cause flash floods as well as water pooling on roads.
- Film and television studio opening third location in Mississauga
- Justin Trudeau speaks out about racist tirade at Mississauga grocery store, police say they’re investigating
- Police investigating reports of man trying to enter occupied cars in Mississauga
- Here are all the places that now require masks or face coverings in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Anti-masker's racist rant in Mississauga grocery store