UPDATED: Special Weather Statement in Mississauga
Get those umbrellas out, because the forecast is calling for a wet and rainy weekend.
A heavy downpour is expected to begin tonight and continue into tomorrow, according to an updated weather statement from Environment Canada.
We could see total rainfall amounts of 30 to 40 mm along with strong winds of up to 60 km/h.
“A low pressure system will approach Southern Ontario today with rain developing over the area this afternoon,” Environment Canada reports. “Rain, heavy at times, will continue tonight into Sunday morning.”
The rain will taper to scattered showers midday Sunday or Sunday evening.
Residents should take caution especially while commuting, as heavy downpours can cause flash floods as well as water pooling on roads.
- BREAKING: COVID-19 outbreak declared at Credit Valley Hospital in Mississauga
- VIDEO: People going nuts for Krispy Kreme doughnuts in Mississauga
- Anyone caught violating the EMCPA will be fined between $750 and $1,000
- The Truth Behind the Mysterious Koliba Park in Mississauga
- Waste service changes coming to Mississauga amid COVID-19 outbreak