UPDATE: Police Release Photos of Armed Kidnapping Suspects
Shortly before 6:00 p.m. on Saturday, March 23, the victim and his friend were in an underground parking garage at a condominium building at 15 Water Walk Drive, in the area of Highway 7 and Birchmount Road in Markham.
“Three men, one of whom was armed with a conductive energy weapon, exited a van and grabbed the victim. The victim was resisting and was shocked by the suspects,” police say.
The suspects forced the victim into the van and fled the scene.
The vehicle is described as a 2008 to 2010 black Dodge Caravan, wheelchair accessible (with stickers indicating that), no front plate, and a stolen rear plate with licence plate number CEAR350.
Video surveillance showed the male suspects at the time of the incident.
The first suspect was wearing a mask, blue pants, and black jacket. The second suspect, a 6’1 dark-skinned male, was wearing a black Canada Goose jacket. The third suspect, a 6’2 dark-skinned male with a heavier build, was wearing dark blue jeans with a black jacket. Lastly, the fourth suspect was wearing a green/yellow jacket with a hood.
The following photos of the victim were taken on the day of the kidnapping and show the clothes he was wearing:
Anyone with information is asked to call York Police at 1-866-876-5423, ext. 7541.
Photos courtesy of York Regional Police
- UPDATE: Victim of Armed Kidnapping Located and Hospitalized
- Canada-Wide Arrest Warrant Issued for Armed Kidnapping Suspect
- UPDATE: Police Locate Vehicle Used in Armed Kidnapping of 22 Year Old
- UPDATE: Arrest Made in Connection with Armed Kidnapping of 22-Year-Old
- Suspect in Armed Kidnapping of 22-Year-Old Arrested in Peel
- COVID-19: Ontario reports 700 new cases, 104 of those in Peel
- Mississauga home involved in part of large fentanyl seizure
- New rules regarding children in leash-free zones and smoking in parks are now in effect in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: New platform and pavilion now open at a Mississauga GO Station
- City breaks ground on what will become the tallest building in Mississauga