UPDATE: One Dead After Car Fire in Mississauga
One person has been pronounced dead by paramedics after a fire today in Mississauga.
Police got a call at 7:36 p.m. regarding a car engulfed in flames inside a townhouse garage in the area of Burnhamthorpe and South Millway, with heavy damage done to both the house and vehicle.
Paramedics arrived on scene and began treating two people, one male and one female, who were found with no vital signs.
The male victim has been pronounced dead, paramedics report. The female has been transported to hospital.
The investigation into the fire is ongoing.
Photo via Peel Paramedics
- Mississauga grandfather celebrating big lotto win
- All COVID-19 cases in Mississauga schools for the week of September 21 to 26
- House of the Week: $3.8 mil Sheridan home luxurious features
- PHOTOS: New platform and pavilion now open at a Mississauga GO Station
- A McDonald's location inside a Walmart in Mississauga has temporarily closed down due to a COVID-19 case