UPDATE: Man in crisis dead after shots fired by police in Mississauga
The province’s Special Investigations Unit (SIU) is being notified after a fatal police-involved shooting took place this evening.
Police were called at 5:09 p.m. for an adult male in crisis at a residence in the area of Morning Star and Goreway Drive.
Tactical and K9 officers attended the scene.
During an interaction between the male and police, officers fired multiple shots.
The male was pronounced dead at 8:38 p.m.
No further details have been released at this time.
The SIU, an arm's length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury, or allegations of sexual assault, is expected to investigate.
- Tactical and K9 officers responding to man in crisis in Mississauga
- Police on Scene for Multiple Shots Fired in Mississauga
- SIU investigating after three seriously injured in police-involved shooting in Mississauga
- Tactical and K9 Officers Investigating Shots Fired in Mississauga
- Investigation into January's fatal police-involved shooting in Mississauga still ongoing
- A McDonald's location inside a Walmart in Mississauga has temporarily closed down due to a COVID-19 case
- Peel District schools in Mississauga with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 25
- Mississauga grandfather celebrating big lotto win
- Police searching for suspect following sexual assault at GO station in Mississauga
- Province places new restrictions on bars and restaurants, closes all strip clubs