Up to 20 cm of Snow Possible in Mississauga
This winter has been a rough one, and today has definitely been difficult for commuters who could end up dealing with up to 20 cm of snow by the day's end.
An updated snowfall warning is officially in effect for Halton and Peel (Mississauga, Brampton, Oakville, Burlington, Milton and Halton Hills). Environment Canada says significant snowfall amounts of of 15 to 25 cm are expected today.
The highest amounts are expected near the west end of Lake Ontario.
Snow, which could be heavy, is affecting much of the Golden Horseshoe this afternoon, but will taper off this evening.
Snowfall amounts have been slightly higher than originally anticipated, with some areas already reporting nearly 15 cm as of 2:00 p.m. With snowfall forecast to continue this afternoon, some areas may exceed 20 cm by evening. The highest amounts are expected near western Lake Ontario.
This snow event will be from yet another in a series of low pressure systems which have formed over the Southern Plains States. This latest low will pass by just to the south of Lake Erie.
Rapidly accumulating snow could make travel difficult over some locations. Visibility may be suddenly reduced at times in heavy snow. If visibility is reduced while driving, turn on your lights and maintain a safe following distance.
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: World's largest cargo plane lands at Pearson Airport with medical supplies
- Newly-released data indicates that Mississauga is a hotspot for COVID-19
- PHOTOS: Massive $50,000,000 mansion with gold-lining is for sale in Mississauga
- Ontario is giving drive-in movie theatres the clear to reopen
- Peel releases map data showing COVID-19 cases and hotspots