Up to 15 cm snow in the forecast for Mississauga
If you plan on traveling this weekend, you might want to reschedule if you can.
Environment Canada says a special weather statement is in effect for Halton and Peel (Mississauga, Brampton, Caledon, Oakville, Burlington, Milton, and Halton Hills).
The weather agency says significant snowfall amounts are expected overnight through Saturday evening.
“An approaching low-pressure system will bring snowfall to Southwestern Ontario beginning overnight which will spread eastward to the Golden Horseshoe on Saturday morning,” Environment Canada says.
“Total snowfall amounts of 10 to 15 cm are expected. Some locations may transition over to periods of rain late Saturday. Strong winds gusting up to 60 km/h may also create areas of local blowing snow.”
The snow or rain will change to flurries overnight Saturday night.
Visibility will be reduced in areas of blowing snow, which can make travel hazardous.
Commuters are advised to adjust their driving with changing road conditions.
- It's about to feel like winter real quick in Mississauga
- Special weather statement regarding "significant snowfall" in effect for Mississauga
- Blowing snow advisory in effect for Mississauga
- Significant Snowfall in the Forecast for Mississauga
- Snow and Extremely High Winds in the Forecast for Mississauga
- Brand new Starbucks location opening in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: A Fight Club forms in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Peel police officer knees male on ground during arrest in Mississauga
- What's Open and Closed Civic Holiday Monday in Mississauga
- New pizza and chicken restaurant opening in Mississauga