Unusually Cold Weather Headed for Mississauga
We haven't been the recipients of pleasant weather forecasts recently.
After days upon days of rain (and numerous flood warnings), it looks like more inclement weather is on its way.
According to Environment Canada, a weather statement is in effect for the Halton and Peel regions (Brampton, Mississauga, Caledon, Oakville, Burlington, Milton and Halton Hills). The environment agency warns that an unseasonably cold arctic air mass has "become entrenched over Southern Ontario."
That means frost—frost on your plants, frost on your car and frost on your heart when you wake up to near-freezing temperatures in May.
It’s not fair.
The agency says that temperatures are expected to plummet tonight to "near or a couple degrees below the zero degree mark in most areas under partly cloudy to mainly clear skies and diminishing winds."
That means there will be some ugly white stuff on the ground come Monday morning.
Environment Canada says that tender plants should be protected or brought indoors by this evening.
Temperatures will slowly rise above the freezing mark Monday morning.
- Mississauga and Brampton residents can expect changes to garbage collection
- Health Canada issues major recalls for products at Costco and various stores
- Drugs found at kids playland, 19 from Brampton busted as international trafficking ring smashed, police release all names
- COVID defiant gym stays open as Mississauga appears powerless
- ICU pressures mount as COVID fells younger people; Ottawa mulls India travel ban