Unique New Flatbread Restaurant Opening in Mississauga
Pizza gets a lot of attention (and for good reason, it's delicious), but its close cousin deserves almost as many accolades, and fortunately for lovers of flatbread, a restaurant that specializes in the dish is coming to Mississauga.
Manousha Inc., which will specialize in a Middle Eastern speciality called mana’eesh that is similar to flatbread or pizza, will open in the city this fall.
It's slated to open in a plaza in the Britannia and Erin Mills Parkway area.
The restaurant was created by the team behind East Tea Can and will, according to operators, be the first mana’eesh specialized restaurant in the GTA. In fact, the menu will boast 25 different kinds of mana’eesh for diners to choose from.
“Our goal for Manousha Inc. is to introduce new Middle Eastern cuisine to diners in Mississauga and the GTA in a fun and accessible way,” said Shakir Al-Qanbar, founder at Manousha Inc., in a news release.
“We’re including traditional Middle Eastern flavours for those who already know and love the cuisine and also adding familiar flavours for those who have never tried mana’eesh before.”
While manousha is an Arabic word meaning “flatbread,” mana’eesh is the plural, and it is a well-known dish to fans of Middle Eastern fare.
Restaurant operators say the popular dish consists of a dough typically topped with thyme and cheese or ground meat. Manousha Inc. says it’s putting its own twist on the dish and will have a variety of toppings for visitors to try.
Diners will be able to choose from four categories of Mana’eesh: Meats, sweets, dairy and vegan.
The flatbreads will be cooked in a dome pizza oven and each menu item is halal.
The new resto will predominately function as a take-out location and will be partnering with multiple delivery services. That said, there will be 12 seats available for those who want to dine in.
We'll keep you updated on more new opening details as they emerge.
Photos courtesy of Manousha Inc.
- New restaurant specializing in unique Middle Eastern flatbread now open in Mississauga
- Brand New Middle Eastern Restaurant Opens in Mississauga
- Renowned Middle Eastern Restaurant Coming to Mississauga
- Authentic Middle Eastern Restaurant Opens in Mississauga
- Trendy New Middle Eastern Canteen Opens in Mississauga
- "Don't paint the hydrants" Mississauga fire department tells the public
- Police make arrest in assualt case at a Mississauga park
- Pfizer says third dose of COVID-19 vaccine very effective against Delta variant
- Over 80 per cent of eligible Ontarians have now received at least one dose
- Peel Police have two suspects in Brampton carjacking in custody, search on for other