Two Planes Clip Wings at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
It was a stressful day for some passengers at Pearson Airport after a plane clipped the wing of another aircraft.
According to a recent CBC article, a Pakistan International Airways plane clipped the wing of an Air France jet as it taxied towards a gate on Tuesday, Jan 3.
A Greater Toronto Airport Authority spokesperson told the CBC that the Air France jet was parked at a terminal 3 gate when the two planes touched wings.
Fortunately, no one was injured and passengers told the news outlet that they didn't feel any impact at all.
Although no one was hurt, the CBC says the minor collision caused delays with disembarking and luggage retrieval, with some passengers reporting waiting more than six hours for their belongings.
The incident is being investigated by the Transportation Safety Board.
You can see a photo of the aftermath of the incident, courtesy of Twitter user JetstreamPhotography (@jetstreamphotog), above.
- Former Mississauga Mayoral Candidate Charged with Hate-Motivated Crime
- Massive New Food Delivery Service Has Arrived in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Mississauga Candidate Gets into Heated Argument with Voters over Signs
- Exciting Nuit Blanche-Type Festival Coming to Mississauga For First Time Ever
- PHOTOS: Check Out What Mississauga's 80-Storey Building is Going to Look Like
- Investigation Launched After Two Planes Clip Wings at Pearson Airport
- Passengers Evacuated After Planes Collide at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- VIDEO: Plane Crashes Into Pole at Pearson Airport
- VIDEO: Air Canada Plane Spins Off Runway at Pearson Airport
- Plane Involved in Collision at Pearson Airport in Mississauga