Two People Arrested in Connection with Rash of Break-Ins in Mississauga
Two Toronto men have been arrested in connection with a series of break-ins that occurred in Toronto and Mississauga.
Toronto Police recently announced that the latest two arrests are part of the force's Project Seconds, an initiative that was launched in January 2017 to identify and arrest suspects associated with a rash of break and enter offenses that targeted homes with high-end vehicles.
According to police, the suspects would choose the homes based on the vehicles associated with it and, once inside, steal jewellery, cash and other valuables. Higher-end vehicles were also stolen.
According to police, the group is responsible for stealing property with an estimated value of over $3.5 million
Police say that on Wednesday, June 7, Toronto Police Services and Peel Regional Police executed search warrants at a home and business in Toronto. According to police, jewellery, watches and designer handbags valued at $200,000 and $70,000 in cash was recovered.
It has also been alleged that during the six-month investigation, nine vehicles, including BMWs, Audis and Mercedes were recovered, with a collective value of approximately $850,000
On June 7 35-year-old Toronto man Tomasz Paliwoda, 35, and 34-year-old Toronto woman Anna Paliwoda were arrested. They have been charged with possession of property obtained by crime (over $5,000).
They are scheduled to appear in court on July 20.
Police also say warrants have been issued for 38-year-old Piotr Wroblewski and 21-year-old Shane Hendry (pictured in cover photo). The suspects are wanted in connection with 13 counts of break and enter, six counts of motor vehicle theft and more.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-3200, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.
- Mississauga Man in Trauma Centre After Stabbing Incident
- Guns Reportedly Stolen During Residential Break-in in Mississauga
- Two People Transported To Hospital With Serious Injuries After Collision In Mississauga
- VIDEOS: Collision In Mississauga Results In Two People With Serious Injuries
- These Mississauga Teachers Received A Canada-Wide Award
- Mississauga Man and Teen Arrested in Connection with Toronto Robberies
- Man Arrested in Connection with Multiple Break-Ins in Mississauga
- Two Suspects Arrested Following a Series of Residential Break and Enters Across the GTA
- Police Issue Arrest Warrant for Break, Enter and Theft Suspect
- Police Searching for Man in Connection with Multiple Break-Ins in Mississauga