Two new COVID-19 outbreaks declared at hospital in Mississauga
Two COVID-19 outbreaks have been declared at a hospital in Mississauga.
According to Trillium Health Partners (THP), two outbreaks have been declared in two separate departments at the organization’s Mississauga Hospital (100 Queensway W.)
THP’s website says that three health care workers on the 5J COVID-19 care unit tested positive for COVID-19 between Nov. 20 and Nov. 21, 2020. It is not known if the staff members acquired the cases in the community or in the hospital itself.
“Out of an abundance of caution in consultation with Peel Public Health, an outbreak was declared,” THP said on its website.
THP also says that two health care workers on the 1J Orthopaedics Unit tested positive for COVID-19 between Nov. 8 and Nov. 13, 2020.
In consultation with Peel Public Health, an outbreak was declared.
To learn more, click here.
- COVID-19 outbreak declared at ICU in Mississauga Hospital
- Five COVID-19 outbreaks declared at a hospital in Mississauga
- COVID-19 outbreak declared at Mississauga Hospital’s emergency department
- BREAKING: COVID-19 outbreak declared at Credit Valley Hospital in Mississauga
- Eight health care facilities in Mississauga reporting COVID-19 outbreaks
- House of the week: $4.5 mil Mississauga Road home with gorgeous outdoor features
- Canada's Wonderland reopening for thrill-seekers on July 7
- Frustration mounts as Mississauga residents told second vaccine dose only available in Muskoka, Simcoe
- Hamilton Police announce arrest of Oliver Karafa and Yun Lu Li in Hungary
- More Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario residents now eligible for earlier second dose of vaccine