Two new affordable housing developments coming to Mississauga
The province just announced that two new affordable housing developments are in the works for Mississauga.
On July 30, members of the federal and provincial governments announced that they are investing over $23.5 million in two new affordable housing developments in Mississauga that will provide 219 homes for individuals, families, seniors and people with disabilities.
According to the province, the Indwell Affordable Housing Project will take shape at 425 Lakeshore Rd. E. and the East Avenue Affordable Housing project will be built at 958-960 East Ave.
“Home is a place of safety and refuge. Our government is dedicated to housing more Canadians which is why we are proud to have invested in these developments in Peel Region. These new units are more than just safe and affordable places to live, they are key to a better life for the residents who call them home,” said Adam Vaughan, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Families, Children and Social Development, in a statement.
The Indwell affordable housing project will include 68 affordable housing units, a food bank and support program for people with disabilities.
The East Avenue affordable housing project will include 151 affordable housing units for individuals, families and seniors.
“When we all work together, we can achieve practical, immediate solutions that address homelessness in our cities and province,” said Jeff Neven, Indwell’s Executive Director, in a statement.
“Here in Port Credit, all levels of government, community members, the BIA, social service organizations, and churches are working together with Indwell to create new homes for 68 people.”
- More Affordable Housing Units Coming to Mississauga
- The Province and the federal government are teaming up to provide more affordable housing to Ontarians
- More Affordable Housing Could be Coming to Mississauga
- Brand New Affordable Housing Development Breaks Ground in Mississauga
- Federal Government Announces Partnership To Create More Affordable Housing
- Mississauga salesman enjoying big lotto win
- An employee at a Shoppers Drug Mart location in Mississauga has tested positive for COVID-19
- Police looking for 13 year old last seen in Mississauga
- The Keg is opening a brand new restaurant in Mississauga
- BREAKING: Province recommends against trick-or-treating in Mississauga