Two Mississauga Residents Arrested at Burlington Hotel Following Alleged Thefts
Three people, including two Mississauga residents, are facing charges in connection with an allegedly stolen vehicle.
Halton police say that on Oct. 24 2018, at approximately 12:10 a.m., an officer located an allegedly stolen Infiniti G37X from the Region of Peel in the parking lot of the Knights Inn (517 Plains Rd. E.) in Burlington.
Police say officers identified a room linked to the stolen vehicle and subsequently arrested three people.
Police allege a search of the vehicle resulted in the seizure of property believed to have been stolen from homes and vehicles in the Halton and Peel Regions.
Items recovered reportedly included car keys, identification, cell phones, iPods, change, medication and jewellery.
Police have charged 20-year-old Mississauga woman Catherine Edwards, 30-year-old Mississauga man Jonathan Basta and 24-year-old Hamilton woman Stephanie Moniz with theft-related offences.
All three will appear in court on Nov. 21.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Burlington Criminal Investigations Bureau at 905-825-4747 Ext. 2316.
- Three People Arrested and Charged Following an Alleged Stolen Vehicle
- Man Arrested for Allegedly Tricking Walmart into Buying Stolen Merchandise
- Woman Arrested After Officer Struck with Stolen Vehicle in Mississauga
- Man Charged After Idling Car Stolen in Brampton
- Vehicle Stolen with Elderly Woman Inside in Mississauga
- Here are all the places that now require masks or face coverings in Mississauga
- Police investigating reports of man trying to enter occupied cars in Mississauga
- Restaurant in Square One in Mississauga appears to have closed down for good
- Justin Trudeau speaks out about racist tirade at Mississauga grocery store, police say they’re investigating
- Severe thunderstorms and flooding possible in Mississauga