Two employees at Mississauga GoodLife Fitness location test positive for COVID-19
Two employees at a GoodLife Fitness facility in the Heartland Town Centre area (785 Britannia Rd. W.) in Mississauga have tested positive for COVID-19.
According to two letters from the location that were recently shared on the Mississauga subreddit, one employee was working in the facility from Aug. 18 to 21 and was scheduled to work again from Aug. 24-26. According to the letter, the employee's last day of work was Aug. 25.
"The affected individual has not been back in the club since Wednesday, Aug. 25, and has not been in any other GoodLife Club," the letter reads.
"The associate advised that they wore a mask for the entire duration of each of their shifts and did not come into prolonged close contact with anyone else in the club."
The letter says the employee quickly informed the gym of their test result and that the gym has notified its members.
In another letter issued to customers, Goodlife said that another employee at the facility recently tested positive. The letter says the affected employee worked on Aug. 22, Aug. 23, Aug. 24-27, Aug. 28 and Aug. 29.
"The affected individual followed all appropriate precautions under The GoodLife Standard, including wearing a mask for the entire duration of each of their shifts and did not come into prolonged close contact with anyone else in the club."
In both letters, GoodLife says it has "taken tremendous strides to implement measures" that meet and exceed guidelines passed by public health authorities in order to decrease the risk of transmission in the facility. According to the letter, GoodLife has strict masking, physical distancing and disinfecting policies in place to minimize risk.
The letters say that the facility has informed public health and any affected members of the positive cases.
- GoodLife Fitness and Fit4Less clubs closing across Canada
- Eight employees test positive for COVID-19 at Canada Post facility in Mississauga
- An employee at a Shoppers Drug Mart location in Mississauga has tested positive for COVID-19
- Employee at a McDonald’s in Mississauga tested positive for COVID-19
- Employee at Mississauga shopping centre tests positive for COVID-19
- Driver flees on foot after rollover crash with critical injuries in Mississauga
- Police investigating after store robbed at knifepoint in Brampton
- Driver caught going almost double the speed limit in Milton
- Suspects sought after one male stabbed, another assaulted in Mississauga
- Driver arrested after crashing into a tree in Mississauga