Two deceased located in Georgetown house fire
Police say on February 17, 2021, at approximately 5:35 a.m., the Halton Regional Police Service (HRPS) responded to a residence on Hidden Lake Trail in Georgetown for a fire.
Upon police arrival, the home was fully engulfed in flames, according to police.
Police say two deceased persons have been located inside the home.
The Ontario Fire Marshall has been contacted to assist with the investigation.
According to police, the fire has been extinguished by Halton Hills Fire.
Police say the cause of the fire is under investigation and has yet to be determined.
Hidden Lake Trail remains closed at this time for the investigation.
The Halton Regional Police Service would like to extend their sincerest condolences to the family and their friends during this difficult time.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact the 1 District Criminal Investigations Bureau at 905-825-4777 ext. 2416.
Tips can also be submitted anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca.
- Two Georgetown deaths now deemed suspicious, according to Halton police
- Homicide detectives take over probe of fatal house fire in Halton Hills
- Police and Fire Department on Scene for Active Fire in Mississauga
- Police Seeking Witnesses After Housing Complex Destroyed by Fire in Mississauga
- Police Searching for Man Who Might Have Started Small Fire
- Mississauga men celebrating big lotto wins as the machine froze
- Here’s where restaurants in Mississauga do their shopping – Mississauga’s Largest Cash and Carry
- Hamilton Police release photo of suspects accused of killing Tyler Pratt in Stoney Creek
- Ontario will decide today what level of restrictions to place Mississauga and Brampton
- Some Mississauga councillors express frustration as Peel’s top doctor recommends city enter the grey/lockdown category this month