Two deceased located in Georgetown house fire
Police say on February 17, 2021, at approximately 5:35 a.m., the Halton Regional Police Service (HRPS) responded to a residence on Hidden Lake Trail in Georgetown for a fire.
Upon police arrival, the home was fully engulfed in flames, according to police.
Police say two deceased persons have been located inside the home.
The Ontario Fire Marshall has been contacted to assist with the investigation.
According to police, the fire has been extinguished by Halton Hills Fire.
Police say the cause of the fire is under investigation and has yet to be determined.
Hidden Lake Trail remains closed at this time for the investigation.
The Halton Regional Police Service would like to extend their sincerest condolences to the family and their friends during this difficult time.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact the 1 District Criminal Investigations Bureau at 905-825-4777 ext. 2416.
Tips can also be submitted anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca.
- Two Georgetown deaths now deemed suspicious, according to Halton police
- Homicide detectives take over probe of fatal house fire in Halton Hills
- Mississauga man arrested following double homicide investigation in Georgetown
- Police and Fire Department on Scene for Active Fire in Mississauga
- Police Seeking Witnesses After Housing Complex Destroyed by Fire in Mississauga
- Photo radar begins in Mississauga next month at these locations
- 2 winning tickets for Saturday’s $6 million Lotto 649 jackpot
- Two Mississauga 16-year-olds arrested for burning Pride flag
- Just 21 new COVID-19 cases in Peel Region, 10 in Mississauga and 10 in Brampton
- Killer rapist Paul Bernardo faces parole hearing today; victim families opposed