Two areas in Mississauga hospital experiencing COVID-19 outbreaks
Two departments in Trillium Health Partners' Mississauga Hospital (100 Queensway W.) are experiencing COVID-19 outbreaks, according to Trillium Health Partners' (THP) website.
THP says that two patients on the 2C-CARU unit tested positive for COVID-19 between Oct. 24 and Oct. 30.
"In consultation with Peel Public Health, an outbreak was declared," the website reads.
THP also says that an outbreak has been declared in the hospital's Emergency Department (ED).
According to the website, one health care worker and three support services staff members (who were not involved in direct patient care) tested positive between Oct. 31 and Nov. 3.
"In consultation with Peel Public Health, we are placing this unit on outbreak to ensure the safety of all staff, professional staff and patients," the website reads.
"As increased personal protective equipment and heightened protective measures are routinely being used with patients in the ED, no known patient exposure has occurred and the risk of patient exposure is low."
THP says the ED remains open and safe for patients and health care workers, adding that anyone who needs emergency medical care should not hesitate to visit the hospital.
THP says "rigorous processes" are in place to protect patients in the ED including:
- All patients are supplied with masks at the entrances and must wear them in the hospital at all times
- All ED patients will now be placed on Droplet/Contact Precautions which means health care workers will wear gowns, gloves, procedure mask and face shield when interacting with patients.
- Increased hand hygiene and personal protective equipment audits
- Screening of everyone at ED entrances
- Placing any ED patients who meet the clinical criteria for COVID-19 into separate spaces dedicated exclusively to serving patients with COVID-19
- Regular cleaning and various measures to encourage physical distancing - including an expanded ED footprint to allow space for more physical distance.
To learn more, click here.
- COVID-19 outbreak declared at Mississauga Hospital’s emergency department
- COVID-19 outbreak declared at ICU in Mississauga Hospital
- BREAKING: COVID-19 outbreak affecting staff members at Mississauga Hospital
- BREAKING: COVID-19 outbreak declared at Credit Valley Hospital in Mississauga
- Five COVID-19 outbreaks declared at a hospital in Mississauga
- BRAMPTON'S MOST WANTED: Peel Police hunt four men on the run
- Ontario pulls AstraZeneca from arms of Mississauga, Brampton reisdents over renewed fears of blood clots
- Three dozen Mississauga residents ticketed at outdoor gatherings
- MAYORS CHAT: Mississauga Mayor Bonnie Crombie chats about COVID-19, vaccines and tickets - May 11, 2021
- Most and least expensive homes in Mississauga