Traffic stop leads to firearm, drug charges against Mississauga man
Published June 25, 2021 at 5:00 pm
A traffic stop has led to firearm and drug charges against a Mississauga man.
Peel Regional say officers pulled over a vehicle just after 5 p.m. on June 24 in the area of Dundas St. E. and Given Rd.
As a result of the investigation, officers located a quantity of drugs along with a loaded 9mm firearm.
Kamil Kurzyna, a 21-year-old man from Mississauga, is charged with the following offences:
1) Knowledge of unauthorized possession of a firearm
2) Possession of a loaded prohibited or restricted firearm
3) Occupant of motor vehicle knowing there was a firearm
4) Possession of a prohibited device
5) Possession of drug for the purpose of trafficking
6) Two counts of possession of a controlled substance
Kurzyna was held for a bail hearing and appeared at the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton on today (June 25)
Anyone with additional information is asked to call investigators at the 12 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at 905-453–2121, extension 1233. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).
insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies