Traffic Stop Leads to Arrest for Drugs and Break-in Instruments
Peel Regional Police reported that a traffic stop has led to drug charges and charges for the possession of break-in instruments.
On May 31, 2017, officers from the 21 Division Neighbourhood Policing Unit conducted a traffic stop in the area of Redstone Road in the Mississauga.
Subsequently, police arrested one Mississauga man and two Brampton men with variations of possession of cocaine, heroin, break-in instruments, and an automobile master key, and failing to comply.
Police arrested 41-year-old Parminder Couhan from Mississauga, 30-year-old Baljeet Bhandal of Brampton, and 28-year-old Gurpreet Atwal of Brampton. All three males occupied the vehicle.
Parminder Couhan, 41, from Mississauga was charged with possession for the purpose - cocaine, possession for the purpose - heroin, possession of break-in instruments, and possession of an automobile master key.
Baljeet Bhandal, 30, from Brampton, and Gurpreet Atwal, 28, also from Brampton, were charged with possession for the purpose - heroin, possession of break-in instruments, possession of an automobile master key, and failing to comply with recognizance.
Aside from the quantity of drugs found in the car, the search of the vehicle revealed a total of 10 cell phones throughout the vehicle, there were 11 keys believed to be master keys for vehicles, and a quantity of tools used for the purpose of breaking and entering.
The three men were released on a promise to apear and undertaking with their first court date on June 29, 2017 at the courthouse in Brampton.
Anyone with information regarding this investigation is asked to call the Neighbourhood Policing unit at (905) 453-2121, ext. 2109. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca or by sending a text message to CRIMES (274637) with the word 'PEEL' and then your tip.
- BMW Crashes Into Chinese Restaurant In Mississauga
- OPP Provide Update Into Major Highway 401 Collision Including Four-Year-Old Girl
- VIDEO: Four-Year-Old Ejected From Vehicle During Highway 401 Collision In Mississauga
- A Guinness World Record Has Been Set at Square One in Mississauga
- No Frills Has Introduced A Game That Lets Players Win PC Optimum Points
- Six Arrested, Two Pending Arrest for Possession of Massive Amounts of Illegal Drugs
- 2 Charged After Mississauga Traffic Stop Leads to Gun, Drugs
- Mississauga Man Charged with Impaired Driving and Firearm Possession
- Police Seize Loaded Handgun During Traffic Stop in Mississauga
- Two Men Facing 147 Criminal Charges Following Break-ins in Brampton and Mississauga