Top Places to Discover Food Across the Globe
If you're travelling, how can you not sample local food?
Everyone loves to do it, and to be honest it makes your Instagram gallery look good.
Even just the idea of flying to a different country and exploring their streets for food is exciting enough.
And, turns out that globally travelers love destinations with great food and drink. Booking.com's data from over 50,000 global travelers reveals that. Six in ten travelers (61 per cent) say they pick a destination for its great food and drink.
Thirty-four per cent of travelers, plan to take a dedicated food trip in 2018.
And the world's appetite is only increasing! Forty-nine per cent hope to be more adventurous with the type of cuisine they eat. Sixty-four per cent travelers will try to eat more local food in 2018. And, over half (51 per cent) are likely to seek street food.
Malaysia, Taiwan, Japan and Brazil are among the top places to discover food across the globe.
One way to do this, is to obviously eat local, wherever you may be. More than 54 per cent want to have unique experiences, and food trucks are the ideal way to eat local.
Here's where the world wants to travel to eat.
For street food
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
Joao Pessoa, Brazil
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
For food trucks
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Seoul, South Korea
- Top 10 Travel Destinations Solely Based on Food
- The Canadian Food Inspection Agency is considering limiting the amount of food citizens can bring into Canada
- Food Prices Set to Increase in Mississauga in 2018
- The Mississauga Food Bank Needs More Than Canned Food
- First-Of-Its-Kind Food Truck Eatery Opening in Mississauga
- A barbershop reopens during the lockdown as a film production studio
- VIDEO: Mississauga Youtuber Kyle Forgeard surprises his parents by letting them retire early
- Mississauga woman speechless after massive lottery win
- Mississauga church youth group leader arrested for sexual assault
- Tech startups can apply for funding and get in front of industry partners with this opportunity