Top 5 Portuguese Chicken Joints in Mississauga
Once you try one of these Portuguese chicken spots in Mississauga you will never go back to fast food chicken joints. If you have never had good BBQ Portuguese chicken, then this article will change your life forever.
Here are the top 5 Portuguese chicken Joints in Mississauga:
As anyone who grew up in (or lives in) the west end of Mississauga knows, there aren’t many food choices and the situation is no different when it comes to Portuguese Chicken. That said, there is one spot called Sizzlo’z. The service is super friendly and the place is great if you want a fast fix of some mild to hot Portuguese chicken. The chicken is well-prepared and carefully cooked—juicy and never burned. The resto is also quite affordable when it comes to family deals, which start at $20.99.
Located in a plaza on the corner of Burnhamthorpe and Glen Erin is Brasas. Brasas recently doubled in size to make the take-out experience more convenient. The chicken is cooked on a rotisserie over a bed of scorching hot charcoal. The chicken is cooked to perfection — juicy on the inside with crunchy skin. I ordered it mild, so they applied the hot sauce just before they cut it up and served it to me. There are some seats, but it’s predominately a takeout place.
3 - Farol
Located in one of the oldest plazas in Mississauga at Cawthra and Burnhamthorpe behind the Shoppers is Farol. This place is definitely a takeout joint — nothing fancy here outside of great Portuguese chicken. Outside of chicken, they also serve sea bass, salmon, red snapper, and cod fish, but who really cares when you have some of the best chicken around.
2 - Bairrada Churrasqueira Grill
Bairrada is located right beside my old high school — TLK. I’m sure this is a popular joint for the GO Train crowd and it should be. The portions are huge, the chicken is juicy and the heat is a perfect balance. You can definitely dine in here, as the restaurant is massive with one huge patio that wraps around half the building. Their hot sauce can’t be missed either. This would actually be a great place for a date, guys.
1 - Mario’s BBQ
Mario’s BBQ is located just south of Dundas on HWY 10 in the 24-Hour Shoppers plaza. When I first got there, I saw the chicken on the BBQ grill and asked the dude working there what the signature dish was. The look in his eyes said “what, you don’t know?” before he told me “chicken, dude!” I’m not going to argue. The smallest size they have is half a chicken and it was absolutely delicious with their medium hot sauce painted on.
- AMBER ALERT CANCELLED: 11 Year Old Girl Abducted by Father Found Deceased
- Mississauga School Devastated After 11-Year-Old Student’s Murder
- People Complain About Amber Alert Following Death of 11-Year-Old Girl
- Police Seeking Man Who Abducted His Daughter in Mississauga
- UPDATE: Father Charged Following Murder of 11-Year-Old Daughter
- Popular Portuguese Chicken Joint Expanding in Mississauga
- Mississauga Portuguese Chicken Joint Expands to Oakville
- Free Portuguese Chicken Coming to Mississauga For One Day Only
- Top 5 Fried Chicken Joints in Mississauga
- Popular Southern African Chicken Hotspot Opens Brand New Restaurant in Mississauga