Thunderstorms and strong winds expected in Mississauga tonight
Although temperatures will be rising this weekend, we can first expect rain and scattered thunderstorms this evening and tonight.
According to Environment Canada, scattered thunderstorms and potential high wind gusts are expected on Friday.
An approaching warm front will cause an area of showers and thunderstorms to move through the region of Peel this evening and tonight.
Some of the storms will contain heavy downpours with local rainfall amounts of 15 to 25 mm in an hour possible, according to Environment Canada.
There will be the potential for high wind gusts Friday in the morning or early afternoon as a cold front approaches, preceded by a band of scattered showers and thunderstorms. Wind gusts of 90 km/h will be possible in this band.
Should these winds develop, power outages would likely occur in some areas.
Environment Canada will continue to monitor this situation closely and may issue watches or warnings as the event draws nearer.
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: World's largest cargo plane lands at Pearson Airport with medical supplies
- Worker at grocery store in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- A look at what’s open and closed as Mississauga reopens more outdoor amenities
- Power outage in Mississauga affecting 2,000 homes and businesses
- A severe thunderstorm watch is now in effect for Mississauga