Three people from Mississauga and Brampton charged in drug trafficking investigation
A Mississauga man and a man and women from Brampton have been charged by Peel Regional Police in a drug trafficking operation that led to the seizure of three firearms, more than 2500 rounds of ammunition, cash and more.
Police concluded the drug trafficking investigation into the three men last Friday after executing search warrants in Brampton and Mississauga.
Weapons seized included a loaded Glock 19, an HNIKVP 9mm firearm and a Taurus 709 Slim 9mm Compact along with a silencer, high capacity drum magazine, over 2500 rounds of ammunition and a 16 round loaded magazine.
Drugs found by police included approximately half a kilogram of purple fentanyl pills, 105 grams of fentanyl pills, 218 grams of green fentanyl pills, approximately a kilogram of cocaine, 6,550 pills of Oxycodone and a cocaine press.
Police also discovered over $5,000 in cash and two “kidnapping kits,” consisting of a balacava, fresh towels, gloves, pliers, zip ties and duct tape.
Mississauga’s Jonathan Sinclair, 28, was charged with the unauthorized possession of a firearm, possession of a prohibited device, possession of a loaded prohibited or restricted firearm,
possession for the purpose of trafficking fentanyl, possession for the purpose of trafficking cocaine, possession for the purpose of trafficking oxycodone, possession of property obtained by crime and breach of Conditional Sentence Order.
Akilah Andall, a 29-year-old female from Brampton, was charged with unauthorized possession of a firearm, possession of a prohibited device, possession of a loaded prohibited or restricted firearm, possession for the purpose of trafficking fentanyl, possession for the purpose of trafficking cocaine, possession for the purpose of trafficking oxycodone and possession property obtained by crime.
Jaylen Howe, a 19-year-old male from Mississauga, was charged twice with unauthorized possession of a firearm, three times for possession of a prohibited device (silencer/mag/hollow point ammo), twice with possession of a prohibited/restricted firearm with ammo CC, possession CDSA (Cocaine) and conspiracy to commit and indictable offence.
All three men were held for a bail hearing and attended provincial court on April 3.
Anyone with further information is asked to call the Specialized Enforcement Bureau at 905-453-2121, ext. 3515. You can also leave information anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).
PEEL REGIONAL POLICE PHOTO
- Three from Brampton charged in drug trafficking operation
- Mississauga man charged with possession of loaded firearm and drugs
- Search warrant in Oshawa nets fentanyl and oxycodone ; two arrested
- Mississauga man arrested in connection to unlawful possession of a gun
- Two Brampton men facing charges after police seize drugs and firearm
- Brampton restaurant ordered to pay $13K in missed wages to former cook
- Unvaccinated students in Mississauga and Ontario will follow stricter COVID outbreak rules, Ontario top doc says
- $500,000 lotto winner from Mississauga thought it was a joke
- Mississauga and Ontario residents will be told how many COVID-19 cases are in unvaccinated people, province promises
- Longtime friends from Brampton and Georgetown richer for sharing Lotto Max ticket