3 Hamilton areas reporting some of the highest COVID-19 positivity in Ontario
Three areas in Hamilton are among those with the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates (percentage of positive COVID-19 tests in the area) in Ontario.
Toronto-based research group ICES listed postal code areas in Ontario with the highest percent positivity rates for the week of May 23 to 29.
Of the top 50 listed, three are in Hamilton:
L8L, Hamilton North End at 10.23%
20th highest percent positivity area in Ontario
L8V, area of Fennell and Upper Sherman Ave at 9.22%
38th highest percent positivity area in Ontario
L8E, Stoney Creek at 8.87%
47th highest percent positivity area in Ontario
The same data for the week indicates that out of all of Ontario’s 34 public health units, Hamilton has the third worst COVID-19 percent positivity in the province.
For all Ontario residents, the overall percent positivity among those tested for COVID-19 during the week of May 23 was 4.3%, a drop from 6.2% the previous week.
Ontario has reached 63% overall vaccine coverage among those aged 12 and up, a 6% increase from the previous week.
The full data is available to read here.
- Hamilton postal code has one of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates in Ontario
- Milton and Georgetown areas that have some of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity in Ontario
- This neighbourhood in Hamilton among those with highest COVID-19 percent positivity
- Eight Brampton areas still have Ontario's highest COVID-19 percent positivity
- Six areas in Mississauga have some of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity in Ontario
- "Don't paint the hydrants" Mississauga fire department tells the public
- Over 80 per cent of eligible Ontarians have now received at least one dose
- Police make arrest in assualt case at a Mississauga park
- Pfizer says third dose of COVID-19 vaccine very effective against Delta variant
- Peel Police have two suspects in Brampton carjacking in custody, search on for other