These transit systems are free on New Year’s Eve in Mississauga and surrounding cities
It's hard to believe that it's already New Year's Eve and that 2020 is just hours away, but 2019 is indeed drawing to close.
It's been an eventful year for many, and most will spend tonight celebrating the dawning of a new decade with food, friends (or family), music and beverages. But whether you plan to party at Celebration Square, a local pub, a friend's house or a raucous bar or club in a different city, you still need to arrange a safe ride home—and thankfully, most public transit systems are totally free tonight.
If you find yourself in need of a taxi, Uber or Lyft tonight, this local law firm will compensate you for your ride.
If you are planning to party in Mississauga, you should note that MiWay/Mississauga Transit passengers can ride free between 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 31, 2019, and 4:00 a.m. on Wed., Jan. 1, 2020.
If you're heading to Brampton, Brampton Transit is offering free service beginning at 7:00 p.m.
If you're going to be using GO Transit, you're also in luck. Metrolinx says free service will kick off at 7:00 p.m. on Dec. 31.
GO Transit will also offer extra late-night service, so you can park the car at home and leave the driving to GO.
You can see the New Year's Eve GO schedule here.
If you're going to Toronto, you're also covered. Starting at 7:00 p.m. Dec. 31, and lasting until 7 a.m. Jan. 1, all TTC streetcar, bus, and subway services will be free of charge.
Don't drink and drive tonight or any night, Mississauga!
- Here’s Who Can Ride GO Transit for Free This Weekend
- MiWay Service Free in Mississauga on New Year's Eve
- BREAKING: GO Transit Announces that Children Will Ride for Free
- MiWay offering free transit to veterans later this month in Mississauga
- Some Mississauga Residents Eligible for Free MiWay Ride Soon
- HOTW: Inside a $2.3 mil luxury penthouse in Mississauga's Marilyn Monroe condo
- Region providing money to residents who want to build basement apartments in Mississauga
- Ontario player wins Saturday’s $14.2 million Lotto 649 jackpot
- Public Health says Mississauga and Brampton officially experiencing second wave of COVID-19 as new cases surpass 200 for second day in a row
- Energy firm Suncor uprooting Mississauga and Oakville offices