These Living Arts Centre productions are being cancelled or postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic
COVID-19 has robbed us of many things, with the arts and culture sector being one of them.
When the government began to order the cancellation or postponement of any large-scale event, venues began to announce that dozens upon dozens of concerts, plays and performances would have to be put off or cancelled outright in a bid to help curb the spread of the novel coronavirus.
While everyone understands that health and safety are paramount, most know that the loss (temporary though it may be) of our city's artistic productions is a huge blow not just to the creators who worked tirelessly to bring the plays and concerts to life, but to the community who has missed out on the opportunity to see them.
Fortunately for all of us, many productions scheduled to take place at the Living Arts Centre between now and July 3 (the date until which all gatherings have been officially banned) will be rescheduled.
That said, about a dozen events have been outright cancelled as a result of the pandemic.
In a letter to patrons, the LAC says the following programs have been affected:
- ABBA Revisited (Postponed)
- Newton's Grove School (Cancelled)
- Atlas Stage Productions (Cancelled)
- The Stampeders (Postponed)
- MSO: Star Wars (Postponed)
- Mississauga Fine Arts Academy (Cancelled)
- Catapult: The Magic of Shadow Dance (Cancelled)
- PLAY Project Presents: Sherlock Holmes (Cancelled)
- Spring Community Courses (Cancelled)
- Gerry Dee Alone and On Stage (Postponed)
- Northern Reflection (To Be Determined)
- Lloyd Spiegel (Cancelled)
- Music Journey: 100th Anniversary of Yuan Yin Group (Cancelled)
- June Lawrence School of Dance: Celebrating 35 Years (Postponed)
- In Concert with the Ambiance Singers (To Be Determined)
- MSO: The Music of Books (To Be Determined)
- Barvinok 2020 Year End Concert (Cancelled)
- The Woodbridge School of Dance: A Mixed Programme (Cancelled)
- 33rd Annual Year End Show (To Be Determined)
- Alan Doyle (Postponed)
- Marie Anne Longlade School of Dance Inc. Presents: 55th Spring Melody 2020 (To Be Determined)
- MSO: Orchestral Fireworks: The Music of Kings (To Be Determined)
- Mississauga School of Dance: That's Dancing 2020 (To Be Determined)
- The Magic of Music (To Be Determined)
- Choral Mosaic 2020 (Cancelled)
If your event is cancelled, the LAC will be providing you with an automatic refund. If your event start date is postponed, you will be contacted with more information.
"The safety of our patrons and staff is our top priority. We will continue to monitor the situation as it evolves and are committed to providing updates in a timely manner," the LAC said in an email to patrons.
"Thank you for your continued support and understanding during this time."
- Ticketmaster’s TicketWeb among portals selling access to cancelled concerts
- Evening Programs Cancelled at Mississauga Schools Due to Weather
- Some evening programs in Mississauga cancelled due to snow
- Honda Indy cancelled due to COVID-19 pandemic
- 2020 Summer Olympics will be postponed amid COVID-19 pandemic
- HOTW: Inside a $2.3 mil luxury penthouse in Mississauga's Marilyn Monroe condo
- Popular Mississauga restaurant opens luxury tent to keep diners comfortable amid the COVID shutdown
- Mississauga teacher enjoying big lotto win
- All COVID-19 cases in Mississauga schools for the week of October 19 to 24
- BREAKING: Ontario reporting 978 new COVID-19 cases today, six new deaths