These are the most in-demand jobs for 2020
According to a recent study, blue-collar jobs are becoming more in-demand.
The study, conducted by Randstad Canada, examined the jobs that are most in-demand in Canada for 2020.
Of the top 10, four of them were blue-collar jobs, including: truck driver, welder, general labourer and heavy-duty mechanic.
Additionally, despite the fact the retail industry has faced challenges from automation and online shopping, sales associates are still in demand.
The rest of the top 10, along with their salaries, are below.
- Sales associate: $38,200 - $50,600 annual salary
- Truck driver: $36,650 - $48,600 annual salary
- Receptionist: $32,300 - $42,600 annual salary
- Welder: $19.60 - $28.50 per hour
- Full-stack developer: $60,600 - $125,200 annual salary
- Business development manager: $93,500 - $164,400 annual salary
- General labourer: $15.20 - $19.30 per hour
- Project manager in engineering: $74,000- $134,000 annual salary
- Heavy-duty mechanic: $25.20 - $35.70 per hour
- Merchandiser (consumer goods): $57,300 - $97,100 annual salary
“This year’s list of in-demand jobs is good news for younger Canadians pursuing the trades and practical courses,” Patrick Poulin, president of Staffing and InHouse for Randstad Canada, said in a news release.
“While a college or university education is necessary for the engineering, marketing and IT roles we see on the list, a degree isn’t the only path to good, steady employment,” he continued.
- Arrest made after man allegedly tied used condoms to cars in Mississauga
- Federal wage subsidy to be extended to December, Trudeau says
- Police respond to person in distress in Mississauga
- Some regions moving into Stage 3 as Ontario continues its path to economic recovery
- Arrest made after vehicle travelled wrong way on Hwy 403 Mississauga