There's a New Way to Leave Pearson Airport
If you’re landing at Toronto Pearson anytime soon, there’s a new option when you’re exiting the airport.
A pilot project for ride-sharing companies to pick up and drop off passengers at Toronto Pearson is underway.
This means Uber and Lyft users will be able to use those services.
Until now, travellers could get dropped off by Uber and Lyft drivers -but couldn’t use the option at arrivals - since licensed Toronto Pearson taxis or limos were the only ones allowed to pick up passengers from terminals.
The announcement was made by the Greater Toronto Airports Authority (GTAA) on June 12.
“Following significant demand from our passengers, we believe that a pilot of full ride-sharing options is timely at Toronto Pearson, and in line with other airports across Canada and the U.S. already offering this service,” said GTAA VP of customer and terminal services, Scott Collier.
“We appreciate the collaboration of the ground transportation industry in sharing their feedback and welcome another opportunity to offer our passengers choice in their transportation options.”
Starting June 12, passengers with Uber and Lyft rideshare apps on their smartphones can request UberX and Lyft rides from Canada’s largest airport.
This ride sharing pilot provides another regulated, municipally approved transportation option for 47 million annual airport passengers and more than 49,000 workers at Toronto Pearson.
More than 200 North American airports, including Ottawa, Montreal, Edmonton and Calgary offer their passengers full ride sharing services from transportation network companies.
Toronto Pearson sees an average of 100,000 ride sharing requests per month, bolstered by the popularity of supporting services in adjacent communities like Toronto, Mississauga and Oakville.
As part of the pilot project, the airport will continue to monitor the impacts of this service on existing transportation providers and review their feedback.
- Here’s Why Toronto Pearson Airport Was Recently Recognized
- Did You Know You Can Get Uber at Pearson Airport in Mississauga?
- Here’s How to Order Restaurant Food to Pearson Airport for the First Time Ever
- Passengers and employees at Pearson airport must now wear masks ‘at all times’
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga named best airport in North America for fourth year in a row
- Looks like Mississauga and Brampton will be moving into grey lockdown zone on March 9
- Mississauga men celebrating big lotto wins as the machine froze
- Man delivering food in Mississauga robbed: Peel Police
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga had 24 international and 4 domestic flights with COVID-19 cases
- Change coming to waste collection in Mississauga this month