There is a Big Film Festival Happening In Mississauga Soon
There is a film festival happening in Mississauga and Brampton this week!
The International Film Festival of South Asia is the largest South Asian film festival in North America. It includes many events set from May 9 to the 20th, so there’s still a chance to watch some great indie films.
The film festival is in its 8th year now and has become an international icon in the South Asian film industry. This year, the festival has partnered with many big companies such as BMO, Cineplex and more.
The aim of the International Film Festival of South Asia is to create awareness of the South Asian culture through the medium of films and music.
It showcases a selection of feature films, short films and documentaries from around the world. The films are shown in their original languages with English subtitles in an effort to build cross-cultural and cross-generational bridges.
The festival also includes gala dinners, red carpet premieres, concerts, parties, seminars and networking opportunities.
The official launch of the festival was on April 18 at the Courtyard By Marriott hotel in Brampton and at the Cineplex Cinemas located on Courtney Park in Mississauga.
There are still over 10 events and many films left to see at the festival. People can see the full schedule, here.
There will also be a closing ceremony and full symphony concert at the Rose Theatre in Brampton on May 20.
Tickets for the rest of the events are still on sale.
The festival has showcased hundreds of award-winning films while playing host to filmmakers, actors, industry professionals, and press from around the globe.
Will you be attending?
- Largest South Asian Film Festival in North America Opens in Mississauga This Weekend
- An Exciting Film Festival is Coming to a Theatre Near You
- Unique Film Festival Coming to Mississauga Soon
- A Film Festival is Coming to Square One in Mississauga
- Major Film Festival Officially Kicking Off in Mississauga
- Mississauga student receives one of Canada's most coveted scholarships
- Ontario extends emergency orders for COVID-19 pandemic until June 9
- A look at one of Mississauga’s most coveted neighbourhoods
- Police investigating possible shooting in Mississauga
- Body found after lengthy search and rescue effort in Mississauga