The Works Opens Its First Location in Mississauga
A burger war is unfolding in Port Credit.
The Works' is a Canadian franchise that opened its first location in Ottawa and specializes in gourmet burger creations with an overwhelming amount of toppings to choose from.
The menu includes over 40 burgers with seven patties to choose from and an abundant amount of atypical toppings, such as Reese Peanut Butter Cups (yes that's right, chocolate and peanut butter in your burger), peanut butter and bananas, tzatziki, purple beets, mac and cheese, cream cheese and jerk sauce.
The menu also includes poutine, salads, sandwiches, hand scooped shakes (14 flavours) and college slushies (blended fruits, O.J. and ice). The brand is also licensed to serve alcohol, so you'll find some more adult beverages in the suds and drunken grapes section of the menu that includes beer, wine, cocktails and Caesars.
This is The Works' first location in Mississauga and it's just a hop, skip and a jump away from The Burger's Priest (140 metres away, to be exact).
It will be interesting to see what transpires when Port Credit turns into a meat market, so to speak. We'll find out whether there's enough demand for burgers in Mississauga, especially in The Burger's Priest territory of Port Credit.
Will the two gourmet burger joints have to duke it out for the top spot, or is there enough burger love in the city to go around?
What was in the space before? Emilia's Italian Bakery.
Opening Date: Saturday July 23, 2016
- Car smashes into house in Mississauga in overnight collision
- Police looking for 54 year old man last seen in Mississauga
- Employees at two pharmacies and a grocery store in Mississauga have tested positive for COVID-19
- Utility companies warning of a scam threatening to leave Ontarians powerless and cold
- Peel police investigating after religious scriptures destroyed at Sikh temple