Teen Charged After Ramming Police Cruisers With Vehicle Stolen in Mississauga
Peel Regional Police have arrested an charged a young male who intentially hit police cruisers with a stolen vehicle.
Police said at 6:03 p.m. that a 17-year-old male from Brampton has been charged with two counts of fail to remain at scene of accident and one count of dangerous operation of a motor vehicle.
At around 9 p.m. on Sunday, September 10, 2017, the teen was driving a near McMurchy and Queen in Brampton. The car he was driving has been reported stolen a few weeks prior from the River Grove Community Centre in Mississauga on August 28, 2017.
On Sunday, police say they tried to stop the teen, at which point he intentionally rammed two police cruisers as he tried to evade arrest. Then, the teen attempted to flee on foot. He was located nearby and arrested.
No one sustained any injuries, but both police cruisers and the stolen vehicles were damaged.
The teen has a bail hearing pending in Brampton.
"A general provision of the Youth Criminal Justice Act (Y.C.J.A.) prohibits the release of the name of a Young Person and, therefore, the identities of the Young Persons charged or involved in this investigation are protected," say police.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact investigators with Peel Regional Police 22 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at(905) 453-2121 ext. 2233. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), or by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca or by sending a text message to CRIMES (274637) with the word ‘PEEL’ and then your tip.
- Man Accused of Ramming into Police Cruisers Arrested in Mississauga
- Man charged with multiple offences after crashing into police cruisers in Mississauga
- Man Arrested After Two Police Cruisers Rammed in Mississauga
- Police Arrest 19-Year-Old in Connection With Mississauga Shooting Death of Teen
- Peel Police Recover Stolen Item and Locate Illicit Drugs
- Two Mississauga students awarded scholarships from Walmart
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Mississauga with reported COVID-19 cases – September 21
- Here’s where to get tested for COVID-19 in Mississauga if you don’t have any symptoms
- Employee at Longo’s grocery store in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- Peel District schools in Mississauga with reported cases of COVID-19 - September 21