Swiss Chalet unveils new chicken sandwich
During the pandemic, with many people turning to comfort food to help them get through these stressful times, the last year-and-a-half has turned into a poultry race, as restaurants keep trying to outdo each other's chicken sandwiches.
First, Popeyes unveiled their chicken sandwich, which sparked quite a bit of interest. In order to compete, KFC launched a chicken sandwich of their own, then, 7-Eleven came out with their own version of the sandwich.
Now, Swiss Chalet is throwing their hat into the ring.
The popular restaurant has announced they're launching their own version of the chicken sandwich, which they've dubbed the Chalet-style Crispy Chicken Sandwich.
The new sandwich is made with the chain's rotisserie chicken, coleslaw and “tangy Chalet mayo.”
“Our menu innovation journey doesn’t stop here, there’s a lot to look forward to,” Ron Simard, chief operation officer for Swiss Chalet, said in a news release.
“Our chefs continually seek feedback from our Guests so that we craft delicious recipes, using new spices and flavour profiles they love. Canadians expect great tasting food from Swiss Chalet and we know that our new Chalet-style sandwich will exceed those expectations," he continued.
- Swiss Chalet restaurants now offering Lay’s Chalet Sauce Chips
- Busy Swiss Chalet Location Suddenly Closes in Mississauga
- A once-bustling Swiss Chalet location has shut down in Mississauga
- Popeyes to roll out viral chicken sandwich Canada-wide amid physical distancing
- Harvey's, Swiss Chalet offering front-line workers 50 per cent off amid pandemic
- Mississauga man murdered at Wasaga Beach, Brampton man one of two charged
- 20 Maxmillion lotto prizes of $1 million were won in Ontario, no jackpot winner
- Here are where all 50 of its photo radar locations are in Brampton
- Doner kebab chain opens Mississauga location
- Mayor wants Brampton, Mississauga residents to be able to get a hair cut sooner than scheduled