UPDATED: Suspicious Death Sends Police to Mississauga
Peel police are probing a "suspicious" death following the discovery of a body in Mississauga.
"At this stage, our criminal investigation bureau is investigating," said Const. Bancroft Wright.
The discovery was made at 8:15 a.m. near Sheridan Park and Homelands drives in the city’s south end, in the Dundas St. and Erin Mills Pkwy. area.
The victim is male.
A forensics team will be heading out to the scene.
Sheridan Park Dr. is closed as of 9:45 a.m.
UPDATE: This death is no longer being treated as suspicious, said Wright, adding the scene is being released.
A post-mortem examination - to be held later this week - will determine cause of death.
The man is 27, of Mississauga.
- UPDATE: Mississauga Residents Among Victims in 'Horrendous' Explosion
- 2 Males Wanted After Explosive Device Injures 15 in Mississauga
- Police Seek Suspects of Armed Bank Robbery in Mississauga
- Victims in Mississauga Bombing Released From Hospital: Police
- UPDATED: Crews on Scene After Explosion in Mississauga
- Woman's Death in Mississauga is Suspicious, Say Police
- Road Closure for Police Investigation in Mississauga
- UPDATED: Missing Woman's Death in Mississauga is Suspicious
- Homicide Unit Investigating Death of Mississauga Woman
- Canada-Wide Arrest Warrant Issued for Murder Suspect After Suspicious Death in Brampton