UPDATED: Suspicious Death Sends Police to Mississauga
Peel police are probing a "suspicious" death following the discovery of a body in Mississauga.
"At this stage, our criminal investigation bureau is investigating," said Const. Bancroft Wright.
The discovery was made at 8:15 a.m. near Sheridan Park and Homelands drives in the city’s south end, in the Dundas St. and Erin Mills Pkwy. area.
The victim is male.
A forensics team will be heading out to the scene.
Sheridan Park Dr. is closed as of 9:45 a.m.
UPDATE: This death is no longer being treated as suspicious, said Wright, adding the scene is being released.
A post-mortem examination - to be held later this week - will determine cause of death.
The man is 27, of Mississauga.
- Police investigating a suspicious death in Mississauga
- Woman's Death in Mississauga is Suspicious, Say Police
- Police investigation 'suspicious death" in Mississauga
- UPDATE: Police investigating suspicious death in Mississauga now ruled a homicide
- Police on Scene After Dead Body Found in Park Area in Mississauga
- Police investigating "reports of possible gunshots" in Brampton
- 100% of recent Mississauga and Brampton COVID patients not fully vaccinated
- House fire in Brampton leads to police diverting traffic
- Mississauga grandfather plans to share big lotto win with his children
- Lane closures in downtown Hamilton after watermain break