Suspected Thieves Posing as Police Officers Target Mississauga Resident
Police are investigating an incident in which suspects reportedly disguised as police officers allegedly stole a substantial amount of money from an elderly Mississauga resident.
Peel police report that on Wednesday, Nov. 22 at approximately 2:00 p.m., three suspects arrived at the victim's residence on Deer Run. When they approached the victim, they said they were Peel Regional Police officers and that the victim owed them money.
The victim complied with the request and turned over more than $9,000 in Canadian and U.S. currency.
Police say the first suspect is described as a 40-year-old white woman with dark hair, an average build and a Polish accent. The second is described as a white male with an average build and short dark hair and the third is described as a white male with an average build.
All were last seen wearing dark clothing.
Police are reminding residents that legitimate officers will always provide photo ID to identify themselves as police officers and that they will never ask for money.
Residents concerned about the identity of a police officer should call 9-1-1 immediately for confirmation.
Investigators are appealing to nearby residents, businesses, or anyone operating a vehicle in the area with a dash-cam to assist with the investigation.
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to call the 11 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 1133.
- Major Facility Closing and Cutting Jobs in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Woman Seriously Injured After Being Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga
- Highway Closed After Shooting Leaves One Dead in Mississauga
- Man Arrested at Pearson Airport in Connection with Long-Standing Fraud
- Roads Closed Following a Mississauga Collision Involving a Pedestrian
- Police Identify Victim in Suspected Murder-Suicide Incident
- Police Seeking ATM Robbery Victim in Mississauga
- Police Say Windsor Homicide Victim Once Lived in Peel
- Police Looking for Suspect in Connection With Theft and Fraud Investigation in Mississauga
- Police Identify Victim After Two Mississauga Men Charged With Murder