Strong Winds to Continue to Impact Mississauga
The strong winds that hit Mississauga yesterday (Feb. 24) will continue today, according to Environment Canada.
A wind warning is still in effect for the city (and many other areas).
According to Environment Canada, "Strong southwest winds with frequent gusts of 90 km/h are expected to continue early this morning."
And higher wind gusts of more than 90 km/h are possible along the shores of the Great Lakes.
Environment Canada notes that the damaging winds will start to diminish this morning
Damage to buildings, such as to roof shingles and windows, may occur and power outages are possible.
Stay safe, Mississauga.
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: World's largest cargo plane lands at Pearson Airport with medical supplies
- Newly-released data indicates that Mississauga is a hotspot for COVID-19
- PHOTOS: Massive $50,000,000 mansion with gold-lining is for sale in Mississauga
- Province introducing fixed electricity price to assist residents during COVID-19
- Peel releases map data showing COVID-19 cases and hotspots