Strong Winds to Continue to Impact Mississauga
The strong winds that hit Mississauga yesterday (Feb. 24) will continue today, according to Environment Canada.
A wind warning is still in effect for the city (and many other areas).
According to Environment Canada, "Strong southwest winds with frequent gusts of 90 km/h are expected to continue early this morning."
And higher wind gusts of more than 90 km/h are possible along the shores of the Great Lakes.
Environment Canada notes that the damaging winds will start to diminish this morning
Damage to buildings, such as to roof shingles and windows, may occur and power outages are possible.
Stay safe, Mississauga.
- Some university students in Mississauga are dating older partners to pay off debt
- Police won’t be stopping and questioning people while stay-at-home order is in effect
- Here's how the vaccine will be rolled out in Mississauga
- Ford ousts Tory legislator from caucus after anti-lockdown letter
- Swanky accommodations could be the key to luring Mississauga residents into COVID isolation units