Strong Winds to Continue to Impact Mississauga
The strong winds that hit Mississauga yesterday (Feb. 24) will continue today, according to Environment Canada.
A wind warning is still in effect for the city (and many other areas).
According to Environment Canada, "Strong southwest winds with frequent gusts of 90 km/h are expected to continue early this morning."
And higher wind gusts of more than 90 km/h are possible along the shores of the Great Lakes.
Environment Canada notes that the damaging winds will start to diminish this morning
Damage to buildings, such as to roof shingles and windows, may occur and power outages are possible.
Stay safe, Mississauga.
- Nurse who worked at Trillium Health Partners in Mississauga dies of COVID-19
- Over 5,000 homes and businesses without power in Mississauga
- Child in life-threatening condition after being struck by vehicle in Mississauga: Police
- She picked up a ticket on a whim and won a big lotto prize in Mississauga
- Americans told to avoid Canada and flying into Mississasuga's Pearson Airport over COVID concerns