Streetsville Christmas Market and Santa Claus Parade Happening this Weekend in Mississauga
The holidays are in full swing and Streetsville is about to host—for the first time ever—its inaugural Enersource Christmas Market.
The market, which will run from 2:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 26 in the Streetsville Village Square, will boast craft beer and wine, local food, live entertainment and a host of vendors selling a range of artisanal products.
At 6:00 p.m., there will be a Toast to the Tree lighting of the Village Christmas tree.
In terms of the day's schedule, you can start checking out the vendor's wares at 2:00 p.m. and, once you work up an appetite shopping, enjoy some craft beer and mulled wine starting at 5:00. The live entertainment will also kick off at 5:00 and the Toast to the Tree tree lighting will take place an hour later.
As far shopping goes, you'll be able to purchase goods from 12 different vendors, including:
- Ada’s Corner | accessories, jewellery
- Bitsy Treats Boutique | chocolate, baked goods, holiday chocolate gifts
- Kate’s Town Talk Bakery | shortbread, butter tarts, holiday baked gifts
- Knack Snack | decor, ornaments
- Oui-Z Christmas | fresh handmade greenery, wreaths, pine centrepieces, planters, decor, woodwork
- Pop Joy Cards | holiday cards
- Restore & Replenish Spa | handmade vegan organic skin care, bubble bath, gifts
- Schepmeyers Craft Co. | handmade ornaments, decor, gift boxes
- Second Cup | hot chocolate, coffee, holiday gift baskets
- Steve’s Bees | raw local honey, beeswax candles
- The Tea Room | loose leaf tea sets, ornaments, hot cranberry apple cider
- Three Wishes | lavender products, soap, linen spray, sachets, decor, gifts
In terms of the Santa Claus Parade, there has been some confusion regarding whether or not it's still happening.
Let us assure you that it is.
On Sunday, Nov. 27, Streetsville will host the Tim Horton's Santa Claus Parade and that will kick off at 1:00 p.m. and run down Queen St. S. from Ontario Street to Church Street. This year's parade will just be a little more compact, spanning half the length of previous years and boasting a few less floats. Since it’s all part and parcel of the two-day holiday event, the change is good.
After the parade, attendees can head to the Square for crafts, activities and games. There will also be complimentary hot chocolate and s'mores and a live rendition of The Night Before Christmas.
Santa will be at the Square all afternoon for photos and children are welcome to pen letters to Saint Nick during the festivities.
For more info, click here
- Do We Still Need The Catholic School System in Mississauga and Ontario?
- Severe Thunderstorm Warning Currently in Effect in Mississauga
- Peel District School Board Concerned About New Private School Lobbying Group
- House of the Week: $1.5 Mil Home With Stunning All-White Bathrooms
- Mississauga Man Seriously Injured in Collision in Milton
- Christmas Market Coming to Mississauga at the Expense of the Santa Claus Parade
- Here’s Everything You Need to Know About the Santa Claus Parade in Mississauga
- Popular Two-Day Christmas Market Set to Return to Mississauga
- An Exciting Christmas Market is Coming to Mississauga
- A Huge Christmas Market is Hitting Mississauga This Weekend