Starbucks Introduces Brand New Drink in Canada Only
If you worry that the U.S. gets all the best food and drinks first, you might be happy to know that Starbucks has released a new drink that's exclusive to its Canadian locations.
On March 5, Starbucks rolled out a new addition to its Teavana Tea Latte line-up: the Black Sesame Tea Latte.
Photo courtesy of Starbucks
"Building on Canadians' love of tea, Starbucks Canada is continuing to drive innovation with the introduction of an exclusive new drink available on March 5," the company said in a news release, adding that the drink is the first addition to the popular Teavana Tea Latte line-up introduced in Canada last year.
The company says the handcrafted drink features bold black tea steamed with milk and a rich, black sesame sauce. The result is a subtly-sweet, nutty flavour profile. A signature black sesame praline, made with black sesame seeds and caramel bits, is sprinkled on top for a deliciously crunchy finish.
"We've harnessed the magic of black sesame to create a rich, nutty sauce to bring out its fullest flavour potential," says Lindsay Maclachlan, director of food and beverage, Starbucks Canada. "The subtly-sweet notes of black sesame pairs perfectly with our black tea to deliver a delicious drink that will appeal to customers interested in new ways to enjoy tea."
Last year, Canada was the first market in the world to launch Teavana Tea Lattes. The line features black tea, matcha tea, rooibos tea, blossoming rose tea and now, black sesame tea.
Will you be trying the latte sometime soon?
- This Massive Entertainment Facility is a Hidden Gem
- 5 Hidden Gem Shows at the Living Arts Centre in Mississauga
- Hugely popular cheesecake hotspot coming to Square One in Mississauga
- Some residents and councillor furious about bridge demolition in Mississauga
- Mississauga RONA among 34 Lowe's stores closing across Canada
- Starbucks Introduces Brand New Fall Drink
- Here's How to Get a Unique Cheap Latte in Mississauga This Weekend
- Starbucks Unveils New Drink Option in Some Mississauga Locations
- An Exciting New Drink Has Come to Starbucks in Mississauga
- Here's When Starbucks is Bringing Back the Pumpkin Spice Latte in 2018