Stabbing at Oakville park leaves man in critical condition
Halton Regional Police are investigating a stabbing that left a man with life-threatening injuries at Clearview Park in Oakville on Tuesday evening.
Police say the incident occurred shortly before 7 p.m. at the local park located near Wynten Way.
The man, believed to be in his 60s, was rushed to the hospital.
Halton Police are saying there is no threat to public safety at this time. Residents can expect officers to be in the area investigating the incident for several hours.
Police are asking that anyone who may have been in the park around this time and observed any unusual behaviour by anyone in or near the park contact the 2 District Criminal Investigations Bureau at 905-825-4777, ext. 2215 or ext. 2216.
Tips can also be submitted anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca.
- Man shot in central Hamilton, street closed
- Carjacking at knifepoint in Brampton, suspects sought by Peel police
- Brampton truck driver sentenced to prison after 2019 collision that killed three
- "Don't paint the hydrants" Mississauga fire department tells the public
- Suspect sought after carjacking in Mississauga