Stabbing at Oakville park leaves man in critical condition
Halton Regional Police are investigating a stabbing that left a man with life-threatening injuries at Clearview Park in Oakville on Tuesday evening.
Police say the incident occurred shortly before 7 p.m. at the local park located near Wynten Way.
The man, believed to be in his 60s, was rushed to the hospital.
Halton Police are saying there is no threat to public safety at this time. Residents can expect officers to be in the area investigating the incident for several hours.
Police are asking that anyone who may have been in the park around this time and observed any unusual behaviour by anyone in or near the park contact the 2 District Criminal Investigations Bureau at 905-825-4777, ext. 2215 or ext. 2216.
Tips can also be submitted anonymously to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or through the web at www.haltoncrimestoppers.ca.
- House of the week: Spectacular $4.3 mil Lorne Park home with wine cellar
- PHOTOS: Over 100 townhouses planned for brand new neighbourhood in Mississauga
- Still no answer from feds as 14 flights land at Mississauga's Pearson Airport with COVID-19
- Give AstraZeneca vaccine to residents 18+ in hotspot areas like Mississauga and Brampton: Ontario Liberal leader
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Fight breaks out at gas station in Brampton