Square One Hosting Huge Job Fair in Mississauga
Are you looking for a new job in Mississauga?
If so, you are in luck.
Square One's brand new Food District, an artisan food court and market that's slated to open in April, is looking to fill a whopping 250 positions and is currently hosting a job fair in the shopping centre's grand rotunda (right near Holt Renfrew on the upper floor.
While the event is on until 6:00 p.m. today (March 1), those who can't make it should not despair. The event will also run tomorrow (March 2), kicking off at 10:00 a.m. and running until 6:00 p.m.
As for who is hiring, candidates can apply for positions with a number of Food District vendors, including Arvinda's Spices and Chai, Bake Three Fifty, Craft Chippery, Hale Coffee, La Carnita, MiDiCi, Pier 87 Fish Market and Grill, Seed to Sausage, Sweet Jesus, the Wine Shop.
For those who unaware, the Food District project is a huge game changer for Square One, and it's part of the mall's massive west expansion project.
In the summer of 2018, Square One announced the project and said the $580 million redevelopment is one of the most ambitious projects of its kind in North America. Construction on the addition, which is taking shape in the former Target area, is already underway.
The almost 40,000 sq. ft. Food District, intended to provide an elevated experience for foodie tourists and locals alike, is opening on April 1, 2019. It’ll focus on offering local, handmade and high-quality foods in a setting that embraces both new- and old-world food emporiums. It’ll offer restaurants, a butchershop, a fishmonger, food tastings, cooking classes and more.
Square One also recently welcomed both Indigo and Uniqlo to the fold, and will be opening a brand new Rec Room location in March.
- PHOTOS: Sneak Peek at the Food District in Square One in Mississauga
- Celebrities Set to Appear at the Grand Opening of the Food District in Square One in Mississauga
- 5 Most Anticipated Restaurants Coming to the Food District in Square One in Mississauga
- Massive New Food District Coming to Square One
- La Carnita Opening Delayed in Square One in Mississauga
- Mississauga man charged after hate-motivated incident
- Mississauga student receives one of Canada's most coveted scholarships
- Quebec says 41 students and staff tested positive for COVID-19 since reopening
- Ontario secondary schools have room for improvement: report
- Man chains himself to tree outside of hard-hit Mississauga long-term care home to demand change