Special Weather Alert in Effect for Mississauga
Citizens spending time outside this Sunday (Oct. 15) should be prepared for some unusually strong weather.
Very strong gusts of wind (70 to 80 km/h) are expected to develop from Sunday afternoon into the evening after the passage of a sharp cold front, according to a recent alert from Environment Canada.
Occasional gusts to 90 km/h are also possible in some areas.
Residents are warned to be careful, as strong winds may cause tree damage and isolated power outages.
In addition, a flood outlook is in effect for Mississauga with approximately 15 to 25 mm of rain expected tonight and into Sunday evening — as well as temperatures dropping significantly tomorrow afternoon.
Winds are expected to slowly diminish Sunday night, EC says.
Stay safe and enjoy the rest of the weekend!
- HBC sues landlord of Square One, Yorkdale claiming failure to run ‘first class’ malls
- Lotto 649 jackpot sold in Brampton
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Mississauga with reported COVID-19 cases – October 27
- HOTW: Inside a $2.3 mil luxury penthouse in Mississauga's Marilyn Monroe condo
- Police looking for 13 year old last seen in Mississauga