Special Weather Alert in Effect for Mississauga
Citizens spending time outside this Sunday (Oct. 15) should be prepared for some unusually strong weather.
Very strong gusts of wind (70 to 80 km/h) are expected to develop from Sunday afternoon into the evening after the passage of a sharp cold front, according to a recent alert from Environment Canada.
Occasional gusts to 90 km/h are also possible in some areas.
Residents are warned to be careful, as strong winds may cause tree damage and isolated power outages.
In addition, a flood outlook is in effect for Mississauga with approximately 15 to 25 mm of rain expected tonight and into Sunday evening — as well as temperatures dropping significantly tomorrow afternoon.
Winds are expected to slowly diminish Sunday night, EC says.
Stay safe and enjoy the rest of the weekend!
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- Emergency crews responding to crash involving motorcyclist in Mississauga
- MAYORS CHAT: Bonnie Crombie chats about Mississauga - February 21, 2021
- Top 5 biryani in Mississauga
- 45 flights with COVID-19 cases land at Pearson Airport in Mississauga