SIU Investigating After Woman Alleges Sexual Assault by Peel Police
The Special Investigations Unit (SIU) is appealing to witnesses following a sexual assault allegation made against Peel police.
According to the SIU, the incident occurred in the afternoon of Oct. 27 when Peel police stopped a BMW (possibly for a traffic infraction of some kind) on Grazia Court in Mississauga. The SIU reports that three separate unmarked police vehicles were involved in the stop and that "there was an interaction between officers and two occupants of the BMW."
One of the occupants of the BMW, a 30-year-old woman, alleged that a sexual assault occurred.
There are no further details on the alleged assault at this time.
"As this is a case where an allegation of sexual assault was made, the SIU will not be releasing any further details in order to protect the identity and privacy of the complainant and others involved," Monica Hudon, SIU spokesperson, wrote in an email to insauga.com.
Three investigators and one forensic investigator have been assigned to investigate this incident.
The SIU is urging anyone who may have information about this investigation to contact the lead investigator at 1-800-787-8529 ext. 1988. The Unit is also urging anyone who may have any video evidence related to this incident to upload that video through the SIU website.
- Peel Police Officer Charged with Sexual Assault
- Man Arrested Following Alleged Sexual Assault at Mississauga Tanning Salon
- Police Officer Charged with Sexual Assault in Mississauga
- Police Charge Massage Therapist Who Worked in Mississauga with Sexual Assault
- Woman Sues City of Mississauga for $2.5 Million Following Alleged Sexual Assault Incident