Significant Snowfall in the Forecast for Mississauga
If you plan on traveling this evening, you might want to watch the weather.
Environment Canada recently announced that a special weather statement is in effect for Halton and Peel (Mississauga, Brampton, Oakville, Burlington, Milton and Halton Hills).
The weather agency says localized pockets of flurries may affect areas near the west end of Lake Ontario this afternoon due to increasing northeast winds. It also says more widespread snow associated with a passing low pressure system is expected to move into the region early this evening and end later Monday morning.
Snowfall amounts are generally expected to be in the 5 to 10 cm range.
However, for areas stretching from near Oakville towards Hamilton and Grimsby, there is a possibility that amounts may approach 15 cm.
In addition to the snow, gusty northeasterly winds will generate local blowing snow especially closer to Lake Ontario.
Travel may be hazardous at times today and especially tonight into Monday morning.
- Exciting Christmas Events are Coming to a Huge Entertainment Facility
- Here's what you need to know about the new regulations for airlines
- Police looking for armed suspects following bank robbery in Mississauga
- Some snow is in the forecast for Mississauga
- Mississauga advising residents to exercise caution with ridesharing services