'Significant' April Showers on Tap in Mississauga
Grab an umbrella — April showers will be drenching Mississauga and other parts of the Greater Toronto Area over the next two days.
Another round of “significant April rain” is on the way, Environment Canada is warning as it released a special weather statement on Wednesday morning.
Areas affected include Oakville, Burlington, Toronto, Brampton, and Hamilton.
“Low pressure from the American Midwest will track just south of the Great Lakes on Thursday,” reads the statement.
“Periods of rain will spread across the region tonight and continue Thursday.”
Rainfall is predicted to measure 20 to 30 mm, likely by nightfall Thursday, with some areas exceeding 40 mm.
Colder air is forecast Thursday night, meaning rain will change to slushy snow by Friday morning.
It’s expected to warm up on the weekend, though, with Saturday expected to be sunny with a high of 12 C.
Sunday is predicted to reach 14 C with a mix of sun and cloud.
- Police Remind Residents Not to Call 911 on Ice Cream Trucks
- Driver Arrested After Crashing into Tree in Mississauga
- Two Crashes Causing Injuries and Road Closures in Mississauga
- House of the Week: $2.5 Mil Modern Home With Stunning Yard and Kitchen
- Severe Thunderstorm Warning Now in Effect for Mississauga