Sewer repairs will close parts of Fruitland Road for 2 days: City of Hamilton
Motorists will need to find a detour if they’re travelling in the area of Barton St and Fruitland Rd.
Beginning Thursday (May 6) at 7 a.m., the City of Hamilton will be repairing sewers.
As a result, Fruitland Rd between Hwy 8 and Barton St will be fully closed for approximately two days.
“Motorists should allow extra time and plan alternate routes,” said the City in an official statement. “Local access will be maintained.”
The closure is not expected to impact HSR.
Businesses in the area will remain open throughout the duration of the repairs.
- Motorists can expect 3 months of 'minor delays' as City of Hamilton completes bike lane project
- Parts of the Lincoln M. Alexander Parkway in Hamilton will be closed in both directions
- Hamilton's Barton Street is third worst road in Ontario
- Hamilton truck detour controversy goes to city committee
- Unused staff vacation days expected to cost City of Hamilton $1.83-million this year
- Thirteen tickets won a massive lottery prize in Ontario but no jackpot
- UPDATE: Brampton teen drowns in Halton Hills area
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Massive rally in Mississauga honours family killed in hate-fueled attack
- Six new COVID-19 cases reported at Mississauga and Brampton grocery stores this week
- Canada paid a premium to get doses from Pfizer earlier than planned