Severe Weather Warning Now in Effect For Mississauga
With hot weather comes major thunderstorms, and it looks like today won't be an exception.
Environment Canada recently announced that a severe thunderstorm warning is in effect for Mississauga, Brampton, Milton and Halton Hills.
Shortly after 2:00 p.m., the weather agency said meteorologists are tracking a severe thunderstorm capable of producing very strong wind gusts and heavy rain.
This line of severe thunderstorms is located from Scugog to 6 kilometres east of Hespeler, and is nearly stationary.
Locations impacted include Guelph, Brampton, Richmond Hill, Whitchurch-Stouffville, Haltonville, Altona and Epsom.
"Heavy downpours can cause flash floods and water pooling on roads. If visibility is reduced while driving, slow down, watch for tail lights ahead and be prepared to stop. Lightning kills and injures Canadians every year. Remember, when thunder roars, go indoors," the weather agency says.
Severe thunderstorm warnings are issued when imminent or occurring thunderstorms are likely to produce or are producing one or more of the following: large hail, damaging winds, torrential rainfall.
If inclement weather strikes while you're outdoors, find shelter.
- Severe thunderstorm warning currently in effect for Burlington, Oakville, Milton and Halton Hills
- Severe thunderstorm warning currently in effect for Mississauga
- Severe thunderstorm warning in effect for Mississauga this afternoon
- Severe thunderstorm warning today for Uxbridge, Beaverton
- A Severe Weather Watch is in Effect for Mississauga
- 100% of recent Mississauga and Brampton COVID patients not fully vaccinated
- Police investigating "reports of possible gunshots" in Brampton
- 1 in 3 Canadians considering 'workarounds' as Mississauga, Brampton and Hamilton house prices keep rising
- Mississauga grandfather plans to share big lotto win with his children
- House fire in Brampton leads to police diverting traffic