Severe Weather Warning Now in Effect For Mississauga
With hot weather comes major thunderstorms, and it looks like today won't be an exception.
Environment Canada recently announced that a severe thunderstorm warning is in effect for Mississauga, Brampton, Milton and Halton Hills.
Shortly after 2:00 p.m., the weather agency said meteorologists are tracking a severe thunderstorm capable of producing very strong wind gusts and heavy rain.
This line of severe thunderstorms is located from Scugog to 6 kilometres east of Hespeler, and is nearly stationary.
Locations impacted include Guelph, Brampton, Richmond Hill, Whitchurch-Stouffville, Haltonville, Altona and Epsom.
"Heavy downpours can cause flash floods and water pooling on roads. If visibility is reduced while driving, slow down, watch for tail lights ahead and be prepared to stop. Lightning kills and injures Canadians every year. Remember, when thunder roars, go indoors," the weather agency says.
Severe thunderstorm warnings are issued when imminent or occurring thunderstorms are likely to produce or are producing one or more of the following: large hail, damaging winds, torrential rainfall.
If inclement weather strikes while you're outdoors, find shelter.
- Severe thunderstorm warning currently in effect for Mississauga
- Severe thunderstorm warning in effect for Mississauga this afternoon
- A Severe Weather Watch is in Effect for Mississauga
- Severe Weather Watch Currently in Effect for Mississauga
- Severe thunderstorm warning in effect currently for Mississauga
- 121 workers at Mississauga's Gateway postal facility test positive for COVID-19
- Subway can press $210-million defamation suit against CBC for show on chicken content
- Two provinces hardest hit by COVID-19 see cases trend downward over last-week totals
- Changes coming to garbage pickup this winter in Mississauga
- Rental rates for some units fell close to 10 per cent at the end of 2020 in Mississauga