Severe Weather Warning Now in Effect For Mississauga
With hot weather comes major thunderstorms, and it looks like today won't be an exception.
Environment Canada recently announced that a severe thunderstorm warning is in effect for Mississauga, Brampton, Milton and Halton Hills.
Shortly after 2:00 p.m., the weather agency said meteorologists are tracking a severe thunderstorm capable of producing very strong wind gusts and heavy rain.
This line of severe thunderstorms is located from Scugog to 6 kilometres east of Hespeler, and is nearly stationary.
Locations impacted include Guelph, Brampton, Richmond Hill, Whitchurch-Stouffville, Haltonville, Altona and Epsom.
"Heavy downpours can cause flash floods and water pooling on roads. If visibility is reduced while driving, slow down, watch for tail lights ahead and be prepared to stop. Lightning kills and injures Canadians every year. Remember, when thunder roars, go indoors," the weather agency says.
Severe thunderstorm warnings are issued when imminent or occurring thunderstorms are likely to produce or are producing one or more of the following: large hail, damaging winds, torrential rainfall.
If inclement weather strikes while you're outdoors, find shelter.
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: First responders salute hospital workers in Mississauga
- Residents shutting their lights off tonight for Earth Hour 2020
- Police looking for elderly couple last seen in Mississauga
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- Update from the Peel District School Board regarding COVID-19