Severe Weather Warning Now in Effect For Mississauga
With hot weather comes major thunderstorms, and it looks like today won't be an exception.
Environment Canada recently announced that a severe thunderstorm warning is in effect for Mississauga, Brampton, Milton and Halton Hills.
Shortly after 2:00 p.m., the weather agency said meteorologists are tracking a severe thunderstorm capable of producing very strong wind gusts and heavy rain.
This line of severe thunderstorms is located from Scugog to 6 kilometres east of Hespeler, and is nearly stationary.
Locations impacted include Guelph, Brampton, Richmond Hill, Whitchurch-Stouffville, Haltonville, Altona and Epsom.
"Heavy downpours can cause flash floods and water pooling on roads. If visibility is reduced while driving, slow down, watch for tail lights ahead and be prepared to stop. Lightning kills and injures Canadians every year. Remember, when thunder roars, go indoors," the weather agency says.
Severe thunderstorm warnings are issued when imminent or occurring thunderstorms are likely to produce or are producing one or more of the following: large hail, damaging winds, torrential rainfall.
If inclement weather strikes while you're outdoors, find shelter.
- Severe thunderstorm warning currently in effect for Mississauga
- Severe thunderstorm warning in effect for Mississauga this afternoon
- A Severe Weather Watch is in Effect for Mississauga
- Severe Weather Watch Currently in Effect for Mississauga
- Severe thunderstorm warning in effect currently for Mississauga
- Mississauga grandfather celebrating big lotto win
- All COVID-19 cases in Mississauga schools for the week of September 21 to 26
- A McDonald's location inside a Walmart in Mississauga has temporarily closed down due to a COVID-19 case
- Police searching for suspect following sexual assault at GO station in Mississauga
- Ontario reports 435 new COVID-19 cases, no new deaths