Severe thunderstorm warning currently in effect for Mississauga
Environment Canada meteorologists are tracking a severe thunderstorm that they say is capable of producing very strong wind gusts.
This line of severe thunderstorms is located from Freelton to Burford and is moving east at 80 km/h.
“Strong wind gusts can toss loose objects, damage weak buildings, break branches off trees and overturn large vehicles,” said Environment Canada.
“Lightning kills and injures Canadians every year. Remember, when thunder roars, go indoors!”
Severe thunderstorm warnings are issued when occurring thunderstorms are likely to produce or are producing large hail, damaging winds or torrential rainfall.
If threatening weather approaches, the Office of the Fire Marshal and Emergency Management recommends that you take cover immediately.
- Select Mississauga and Brampton residents between 18 and 49 can book vaccines this week
- Mississauga ticketing for gathering in parks to home hair salons and more
- It could be weeks before Mississauga sees the 18+ vaccination sites in hotspots
- Speed cushions to be installed on four Mississauga roads
- Couple charged following hate-related incident in parking lot in Mississauga