Several airlines extending suspension of international flights
Many major airlines have suspended international flights in order to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
According to a report from The Canadian Press, Air Canada, Air Transat, and Sunwing Airlines Ltd. are all extending the suspension of international flights—the latter two are postponing flights outside Canada until May 31, while Air Canada is postponing international flights until June.
However, Air Canada is still working with the Federal Government to provide repatriation flights for Canadians stranded in foreign countries across three continents.
Further, the Canadian airline has announced it will be reconfiguring three of its Boeing 777-300ER planes to add additional cargo space in order to transport more supplies.
“The rapid transformation of some of our aircraft to meet cargo demand reflects our ability to maximize our fleet assets quickly when these aircraft would otherwise be parked,” Richard Steer, Senior Vice President of Operations at Air Canada, said in a news release.
“Air Canada’s engineering team worked around the clock to oversee the conversion work, and with Transport Canada to ensure all work was certified as tasks were completed. The next two aircraft are on track to be completed and will be in operation within the coming days,” he continued.
- Porter Airlines extends suspension of flights another month to July 29
- Porter cancels all flights through June as tanking travel demand bleeds sector
- Canada Decides to Ground Aircraft Involved in Ethiopian Airlines Crash
- Air Canada suspending flights to the U.S. until May
- Porter Airlines extends suspension of flights until end of August
- Free bicycles available for Malton students who need them in Mississauga
- Mississauga restaurant ordered to pay $40,000 to sexual harassment victim
- Mississauga driver stopped three times for excessive speeding: Peel police
- Feds transitioning Canadians from CERB to Employment Insurance
- Employee of Metro in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19