One postal code in Mississauga has a startling 21% COVID-19 positivity rate
Seven areas in Mississauga are among those with the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates (percentage of positive COVID-19 tests in the area) in Ontario.
Toronto-based research group ICES listed postal code areas in Ontario with the highest percent positivity rates for the week of April 25 to May 1.
Of the top 50 listed, seven are in Mississauga:
L4T at 21.72% (area of Goreway and Morning Star)
5th highest percent positivity area in Ontario (4th during previous week)
L4X at 19.80% (area of Bloor and Fieldgate)
14th highest percent positivity area in Ontario (34th during previous week)
L5B at 18.41% (area of Hurontario from Hwy 403 to QEW)
23rd highest percent positivity area in Ontario (44th during previous week)
L5A at 17.09% (area of Bloor and Central Pkwy E)
37th highest percent positivity area in Ontario (20th during previous week)
L5W at 16.85% (area of Derry and Mavis)
40th highest percent positivity area in Ontario (32nd during previous week)
L4Z at 16.32% (area of Hurontario and Bristol Rd E)
41st highest percent positivity area in Ontario (not listed during previous week)
L5V at 16.28% (area of Britannia Rd W and Terry Fox Way)
42nd highest percent positivity area in Ontario (not listed during previous week)
For the same week, Brampton had 10 areas listed in the top 50.
For all Ontario residents, the overall percent positivity among those tested for COVID-19 during the week of April 25 was 8.6% (compared to 9.2% the previous week). Ontario has reached 40% overall vaccine coverage, up 6% from the previous week.
The same data for the week indicates that out of all of Ontario's 34 public health units, Peel Region (Mississauga, Brampton and Caledon) still has the worst COVID-19 percent positivity by an increasingly wide margin.
The full data is available to read here.
- This area in Mississauga has almost 20% COVID-19 positivity, 4th highest in Ontario
- Eight Brampton areas still have Ontario's highest COVID-19 percent positivity
- 5 areas in Mississauga that have the highest COVID-19 percent positivity
- These Mississauga postal codes have some of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates in Ontario
- Six areas in Mississauga have some of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity in Ontario
- House of the week: $4.5 mil Mississauga Road home with gorgeous outdoor features
- VIDEO: Fire destroys Mississauga Road mansion
- Thirteen tickets won a massive lottery prize in Ontario but no jackpot
- VIDEO: Geese causing major traffic jam at intersection in Brampton by Costco
- Ontario ticket holder wins Saturday’s $9.4 million Lotto 649 jackpot